Most of us that travel with kids know how expensive booking multiple rooms at hotels are these days?
Having to choose the best travel accommodations can be challenging for a family with different solutions working depending in part, on the length of stay.
“Do we stay in a Hotel or rent an Apartment?”
We are a family of five with three teenage kids. When we travel we normally have to book two rooms.
We look for certain things to determine if the hotel is right for us.
Choosing a hotel, here’s some of the questions to ask:
- Does the hotel have connecting or adjoining rooms available?
- Can the kids all stay in one room? Some hotels have policies that only allow two people to stay in a room.
- What are the age restrictions?
- Are roll-a-beds available?
- Can the sofa convert to a sleeper?
- Does the hotel offer one and two bedroom apartments accommodations?
- Location, is it located in a safe neighborhood?
Hotels are great but sometimes you might want to choose between being in resort or living like locals. Do we really want a pool? A concierge? Room service? Restaurants on the premises? Probably not if you are trying to get a feel for the local community and culture.
Staying in an apartment has many advantages. You get a small glimpse into what it would be like to actually live in the city. Apartment rentals are becoming more popular these days for family’s traveling with kids.
Some of the advantages of staying in an apartment are:
- It’s typically less expensive to stay in an apartment, then a hotel.
- You spend less money eating out, since you have a fully equipped kitchen.
- Better amenities, some even include a wash/dryer in the unit.
- Apartments tend to be located in residential areas away from local tourist traps.
- Some rentals offer house-cleaning services.
If you had to choose which one would you pick, hotel or apartment?
Some of the Top Apartment Sites: