Sit Back & Relax in Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza

Sit Back & Relax in Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza

EUROPE, FOOD + WINE, LUXURY TRAVEL, SPAIN

The beautiful Spanish island of Ibiza is well known for its stunning beaches, historic towns, and vibrant social scene. You will quickly discover how spoiled for choice you are when it comes to deciding where to spend your time relaxing and enjoying the island vibes.

If a quieter, more luxurious holiday with your family or that special someone is what you are seeking, head to Santa Eulalia del Rio. This is Ibiza’s third largest town and it has an established reputation as the island’s gastronomy and cultural center. Life in Santa Eulalia is slower which makes it an ideal place to find ultimate relaxation in Ibiza.

Photo by Hotel Aquas de Ibiza

Photo by Hotel Aquas de Ibiza

The Aguas de Ibiza Lifestyle & Spa Hotel is the perfect place to base yourself during your stay in Santa Eulalia. This 5 star, eco-luxury hotel offers guests an oasis in Ibiza. Their main goal is to offer a space to refresh yourself, rest, and restore wellbeing. You will find excellent views of the Mediterranean throughout this luxury boutique hotel and three pools to choose from if you prefer to stay close to the property and enjoy the wonderful service provided by their staff.

Photo by Hotel Aquas de Ibiza

But don’t forget to explore all of what Santa Eulalia has to offer. If you’re interested in an afternoon of high-end shopping and fine dining, head to Marina Santa Eulalia. There are boats of all shapes and sized docked at this picturesque harbor where both tourists and locals come to enjoy a world class marina.

One of the main attractions of Marina Sant Eulalia is the shopping area which also includes nearly 20 restaurants. An impressive array of international cuisine is offered here, including Mediterranean, Italian, Asian, German, British, and more. Gastronomy at its finest!

While you are out and about, take time to stroll along the beautiful, palm-lined promenade that runs the length of the sandy beach. If you need a break from the sun, pay a visit it to some of the contemporary art galleries sprinkled throughout the town. For those history buffs, head to the fortified 16th century church of Puig de Missa which proudly sits at the top of a hill above the town.

The Spa at Aguas de Ibiza will definitely be calling your name after a long day of exploring. Their highly specialized team at the Revival Spa by Clarins provide an array of treatments ranging from health and beauty. Many natural local products are used in these treatments as well. You will leave feeling properly pampered and rejuvenated.

Photo by Hotel Aquas de Ibiza

One of the hottest restaurants in town is actually located at Aguas de Ibiza Hotel. ViCool is a renowned restaurant on the island which is run by well known Spanish chef Sergi Arola. Enjoy traditional Spanish tapas that are reinterpreted and presented in a modern and different way. The result is simple dishes perfect for snacking by the pool or to share in the evening with a nice bottle of wine.

Photo by Hotel Aquas de Ibiza

Santa Eulalia del Rio is the ultimate place in Ibiza to discover relaxation, fine dining, culture, and luxury services.

1. Hannah
    March 8, 2017 at 2:54 pm

So nice to see this side of Ibiza instead of just the party side! What a beautiful place and lovely hotel!

2. Gabor
    March 8, 2017 at 6:58 pm

I lived in this town for 5 years and I worked in this hotel during that time, it’s a beautiful hotel. You brought back many good memories from this place and to be honest I miss it a little bit… What I would have mentioned is the designer shop by Charo Ruiz next to the entrance of the hotel, they have the nicest local clothes for women in the area.
    Gabor recently posted…How to download maps for google maps to use offline on iOS & AndroidMy Profile

3. Sherianne
    March 8, 2017 at 7:57 pm

That promenade is so inviting! It looks like a charming island, I’m sure I would love it

4. Shaun
    March 8, 2017 at 9:04 pm

This place looks amazing! I have yet to visit Ibiza because I just assumed it was a party town. Looks like a good place to relax too. Great post and pictures!

Shaun
    Shaun recently posted…My Very Worst Travel Goofs and how you can Avoid ThemMy Profile

5. Michal Lastowski
    March 9, 2017 at 2:59 am

I went to Ibiza few years ago. It is great place. Your post brings memories back! Good job!
    Michal & Claudia

6. Suze
    March 9, 2017 at 4:48 am

I haven’t yet visited Ibiza but I’m keen to do so and the spa at this hotel looks lovely
    Suze recently posted…Escaping the Everyday at Andaz Mayakoba on the Riviera MayaMy Profile

7. Tony (tonyandkimoutdooradventures)
    March 9, 2017 at 9:34 pm

So refreshing to see another side away from the drugs and drunks and loud music. The photos capture a great side of relaxing and shopping.

8. Becky Angell
    March 10, 2017 at 8:12 am

I had always thought of Ibiza as a real party place, love how you show the other side to it. Defintely worth a visit 🙂

9. Tami
    March 22, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Your photos are stunning and the hotel and spa so luxurious! I’d love to spend some time relaxing at a location like this!
    Tami recently posted…Desert Wildflowers Day Trip — Borrego Springs, CAMy Profile

March 25, 2017 at 7:39 am

It’s a great place to relax – the whole island!

10. Charles McCool
    March 22, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Such elegance and inspiring settings. It is rare that I have seen photos of Ibiza without a lot of people. I like this!
    Charles McCool recently posted…4 to 5 Day Southern Iceland Itinerary and Tips for Your VisitMy Profile

March 25, 2017 at 7:39 am

Thanks, Charles! It’s definitely a quiet part of Ibiza.

11. mark wyld
    March 22, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Never been to Ibiza but every time i hear about it, its usually to do with rowdy yound people. Thanks for giving me an alternative adult view

March 25, 2017 at 7:40 am

You’re very welcome, Mark! There’s definitely more to Ibiza than partying 🙂

12. Vibeke Johannessen
    March 22, 2017 at 5:35 pm

This looks incredible. Would love to experience this luxury. It looks so peaceful too 🙂 I would love to stay here 😀

March 25, 2017 at 7:40 am

Glad to hear it, Vibeke!

13. Lara Dunning
    March 24, 2017 at 10:04 pm

I’ve lived on islands most of my life and I love the vibe they exude. Ibiza looks like a really peaceful place with lots of luxuries a travel can indulge in. That spa is calling my name!

March 25, 2017 at 7:41 am

It’s calling my name too, Lara!

14. Tam Gamble
    March 25, 2017 at 4:17 pm

This looks like an absolutely stunning location and far removed from the Ibiza I have read about and seen on tv. We have often thought about visiting the quieter part of the Island and I have heard about some great yoga retreats so perhaps after seeing this I will look into booking something soon.