Vacation at Vail Resorts- Ski the Slopes in Beaver Creek

Vacation at Vail Resorts- Ski the Slopes in Beaver Creek

LUXURY TRAVEL, RESORTS & SPAS, SKIING

Why do we go on vacations? It seems self-evident, doesn’t it? At a glimpse, most would say to get away from our jobs, to give ourselves a break through a change of scene. While these things are true, being away from work or changing locations isn’t what makes a great vacation. When I look back at my fondest trips, the key ingredients to their success was how the time was spent and what I took away from them after: they gave me the chance to spend time with my loved ones without that constant, nagging feeling that I ought to be working.

Snowboarding in Colorado

At home, it can be difficult to spent quality with our friends, family, or even spouses. We have so much work and responsibility that we fail to justify indulging in what really makes us happy! A trip away from all those harrowing disruptions and reminders of our duties ensures that we can give those treasured people in our lives our full attention. And while it’s always tricky to find activities that satisfy everyone, Vail Resorts has a bit of everything to guarantee an ideal vacation.

Family Ski Trip in Beaver Creek

Skiing in Beaver Creek

Vail Resorts has a number of incredible spots, but Beaver Creek is a family-favorite. Having been there a few times myself, I find the atmosphere there to be perfect for large families and couples, especially during Winterfest! In the month of December, holiday-themed performances and parades take place until the 31st. There are plenty of activities to try out and ski trails to explore- there’s also the added bonus of free, freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies that are served during the afternoon at the bottom of the slopes (did I mention they were warm, too?). The town of Beaver Creek is designed with entertainment for all in mind; after a day of swerving and sliding in the snow, you’ll have a hard time hanging on to your worries.

Beaver Creek Skiing in Colorado

Beaver Creek Resort, Colorado

For those who prefer to stay indoors, there’s also plenty of shopping and stellar spas to keep you both busy and relaxed. You can take your pick from the Allegria Spa, the Bachelor Gulch Spa, and Spa Struck. If you’re looking to warm up with a glass of something sophisticated, Winter Wine Excursions is comprised of a fun snowshoe tour and Allie’s Cabin Wine Dinners invites guests to enjoy a series of celebrated wines while settling in on-mountain cabins. On Thursday nights, fireworks can be viewed at these cozy cabins during the gourmet five-course dinner.

Beaver Creek Village

So, what are you waiting for? A vacation on the slopes is the perfect way to recharge while connecting with the ones who matter most.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Vail Resorts. The opinions and text are all mine.

1. Karla | Karlaroundtheworld
    December 17, 2016 at 2:39 am

This is a perfect place to take my family in. True, at home, there is too much distractions but if we are in a place like this with something for everyone—-it can inspire bonding time.

December 17, 2016 at 8:16 pm

After spending the day out in the snow, we love to gather in front of the fireplace and play board games.

2. Hra
    December 17, 2016 at 5:19 am

Great post !!! I always love the ski resorts! Its definitely an amazing experience! Beautiful photos <3 Thanks for sharing with us

December 17, 2016 at 8:14 pm

We have been to several of the ski resorts in Colorado, but our favorites are Vail, and Beaver Creek.

3. Richelle
    December 17, 2016 at 11:54 am

Wow this looks so nice! I especially love the little Beaver Creek town. It looks like you had an amazing trip!

December 17, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Beaver Creek is one of our favorite ski resorts. My kids especially love the home made chocolate cookies they give out in the afternoons.

4. Vishal Vashisht
    December 17, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Ski and Snorkeling are my 2 to do things, and these 2 makes me uncomfortable. I will use your post as an inspiration.

December 17, 2016 at 8:12 pm

I’m not a great skier and have had lessons to help me with my technique. Otherwise, I would spend most of the time on the ground.

5. Edith
    December 18, 2016 at 2:16 am

It looks like lots of fun! Love a nice getaway. I’ll have to try skiing one day since I’ve only done snowboarding.

December 27, 2016 at 4:47 pm

You should try it! I hear snowboarding is in some ways harder, it would be interesting to make a comparison.

6. Laura
    December 18, 2016 at 8:11 am

I know there are a lot of great ski resorts in that area, but Beaver Creek sounds kind of perfect. I’m usually the one who gives up on skiing before everyone else, so having the extra things to do there is an added bonus.

December 27, 2016 at 4:49 pm

I’m the same way! After a lot of skiing sometimes I just want to walk around and explore.

7. Anne
    December 18, 2016 at 9:00 am

I love this part of the world and one of my favourite hotels isn’t far from here too in Winters Park. Check it out next time you visit – it is called Devils Thumb Ranch and has an amazing yoga room overlooking the mountains, a fabulous heated outdoor pool open all year round and the most FABULOUS spa!

December 27, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll have to check it out!

8. Vlad
    December 18, 2016 at 1:34 pm

I’ve never been skiing, although I keep saying I’d love to learn. I agree with what you said, a trip away with your friends or family is the best way to spend time with them.
    Vlad recently posted…10 Things You Need To Know Before Your First Trip To MoroccoMy Profile

December 27, 2016 at 4:51 pm

You should give it a go, it’s such a rush.

9. Alex Datsev
    December 18, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Sounds like you had a great vacation! Beaver Creek seems to be the perfect spot for a family winter getaway for someone living in Florida…:)!

December 27, 2016 at 4:54 pm

It’s definitly a change of scene. Floridians like us get the benefit of visiting snow without having to shovel it!

10. Meg Jerrard
    December 19, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Beaver Creek and Vail Resorts are on my list for 2017! I’m looking forward to taking a winter vacation and learning how to skii!
    Meg Jerrard recently posted…The Best Ways To Explore A New CityMy Profile

December 27, 2016 at 4:55 pm

With those amazing spots I’m sure you’ll have a great time.

11. Sandy N Vyjay
    December 20, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Sounds like you had a great time there doing all those fun and adventurous activities.
    Its definitely an amazing experience!Would love to Ski at Vail resort someday.

December 27, 2016 at 4:57 pm

I love how many things there are to do there, I was certainly never bored!

12. Nat Deduck
    December 24, 2016 at 3:16 am

Seems like this is the perfect winter holidays! Looks like you had lots of fun too! We’re about to spend our Christmas in the cold so this was pretty inspiring!
    Nat Deduck recently posted…How much does it cost to travel to DubaiMy Profile

December 27, 2016 at 4:57 pm

It is! I hope you had a lovely Christmas.

13. Kavey at Kavey Eats
    December 24, 2016 at 3:26 am

I remember visiting Vail during the summer, back in the 1980s. Looked like a beautiful resort even then, and that was without all the winter sports on. For me the ideal holiday is about the experiences I have, about what I see, do and eat. Of course, it’s also all about spending time with my other half but it’s also important for me to enjoy the exploration.
    Kavey at Kavey Eats recently posted…Hot Smoked Salmon Paté | Just 3 IngredientsMy Profile

December 27, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Exactly. I think one of the most important parts is trying something new, that’s what makes it exciting. Especially with someone you love!

14. Fiona
    December 24, 2016 at 3:46 am

Looks pretty good to me – I’ve just come back from my first trip to a ski resort as a non-skier and I really loved it! Vail looks similarly varied!
    Fiona recently posted…Easy Canapes for the Festive SeasonMy Profile

December 27, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Glad to hear you had a good time, Vail is another fantastic spot.

15. Jennifer
    December 24, 2016 at 10:23 am

We didn’t get in to skiing until we moved to Europe. Vail looks gorgeous and we’d love to have a winter ski getaway there!
    Jennifer recently posted…5 Things to Do in Saint Maarten on a CruiseMy Profile

December 27, 2016 at 5:01 pm

At least you finally got to try skiing. It’s incredibly beautiful out there, the snow and landscape is almost surreal.

16. Sia
    December 26, 2016 at 9:11 am

Looks like the perfect winter resort! I am not into skiing myself but would happily spend some quality time in the snow or head to the spas. You are right that vacations are not just getting away from work. For me it is also not just sleeping on the beach or staying around the fireplace, it is the adventure and doing something interesting that you can’t do at home.

December 27, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Those spas are out of this world, especially when you hit the sauna or hot tub but can still see all the snow outside.

17. Maddy
    December 26, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Sounds like you had a brilliant trip! Free hot chocolate cookies each afternoon won me over!

December 27, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Those cookies are to die for!

18. Vicki Louise
    December 26, 2016 at 11:23 pm

Beaver Creek looks like such a cute little town and a great resort. It’s been years since I’ve been on holiday in the snow, i’ll keep Vail Resorts in mind next time i’m planning a trip to the snow in Canada
    Vicki Louise recently posted…The Ultimate Iceland Bucket List.. And Off The Beaten Path Alternatives!My Profile

December 27, 2016 at 5:14 pm

It’s spacious but cozy!

19. Anita Hendrieka
    December 27, 2016 at 11:52 am

I would love to go on a ski holiday. I have actually never been skiing or snowboarding but would love to spend a week learning with my friends and family. The Vail Resort looks really beautiful, will definitely consider going there next year!

December 27, 2016 at 5:15 pm

You have to try skiing or snowboarding, it’s so much fun. And it brings everyone together!

20. Our Seaside Baby
    December 27, 2016 at 1:59 pm

I have never been skiing and it’s up there on my list of things to do. Vail Resorts looks like a wonderful place to ski with a lovely little town! Winterfest sounds great too, my little boy would love that. Polly
    Our Seaside Baby recently posted…What Christmas is really like in BethlehemMy Profile

December 27, 2016 at 5:17 pm

You should absolutely do it one day! There’s a lot of fun activities for kids, and those warm cookies are just the cherry on top.