4 Bluetooth Devices to Upgrade Your Luxury Travel

4 Bluetooth Devices to Upgrade Your Luxury Travel

LIFESTYLE, TECH, TRAVEL

With their cordless design and perfect connection, Bluetooth-equipped devices bring a new ease to luxury travel. Whether you’re looking for a new pair of great headphones or tech to keep you fit on the road, here are four Bluetooth devices to upgrade your luxury travel.

1. Apple AirPods

A great pair of Bluetooth headphones, such as the new Apple AirPods that accompany the iPhone 7, are crucial to an enjoyable travel experience. You won’t have to worry about tangled wires and the crisp, clear sound experience will drown out any crying babies or loud talkers on the plane.

small chip in the AirPods senses when they’re in your ear and pause as soon as you take them out. With just 15 minutes of charging, you have three hours of listening. So, even if you’re running late, fully charging your AirPods takes no more than 30 minutes. While on your flight, you can seamlessly switch between multiple Apple devices, like your iPhone, iPad and MacBook, without having to reconnect your headphones every time.

Airpods

2. Fitness Trackers

Staying in shape while traveling is a challenge. Between the new restaurants you’ll be trying, luxurious desserts and exotic drinks, it’s difficult to keep fitness a priority. However, you can monitor your daily steps, miles covered and calories burned with a wearable fitness tracker.

Keep an eye on your numbers throughout the day by connecting your tracker via Bluetooth to sync and store your fitness information on your smartphone. If you track your daily activity, you’ll be more motivated to skip the cab on the way to dinner or plan a walking route for sightseeing when you haven’t reached your daily step goal.

Fitness Trackers Image Wareable

3. Portable Speakers

Portable Bluetooth speakers are the perfect gadget to upgrade your trip. You can play your favorite tunes while hanging out in your hotel room, enjoying a picnic at the park, lounging on the beach or going on a hike. With Bluetooth technology there’s no need to worry about cords attached to your smartphone or having to find an outlet for power. If you want to take it a step further, invest in waterproof speakers like Fugoo that can be played while you’re poolside, on a boat or even in the shower.

Image by Fuego

4. Smartwatch

smartwatch is the perfect travel companion. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, navigating through a new city or a foreign country is difficult and overwhelming. A smartwatch provides you with turn-by-turn directions from your wrist, keeping you hands-free while driving. It also helps you balance the need to disconnect from technology and stay updated with work, family and friends. You can receive notifications for phone calls, texts and emails, and then decide if you want to ignore them and live in the moment or address ones that are important. A smartwatch also enables you to play music (straight to your new Bluetooth headphones), manage your flight and check in to your hotel.

Apple Watch Image Apple

Best of all, you can up your personal style with your smartwatch’s sleek and fashionable design and interchangeable wristbands.

1. Tamara Elliott
    November 19, 2016 at 4:25 pm

Wireless speakers are super handy for a trip- especially if you plan on hitting the beach!
    Tamara Elliott recently posted…An epic night at Coco Bongo, the ultimate party spotMy Profile

November 19, 2016 at 6:37 pm

The wireless speakers are a huge hit with my kids. I think they keep them in the car and use them quite often when did go to the beach.

2. Rhonda Albom
    November 19, 2016 at 6:18 pm

I never understood the attraction to cordless headphones, but the fact that the Apple Airpods can pause when removed from the ears, as well as easily switch between separate devices, would make them very useful. Fitness trackers are also great, I love my Fitbit.
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…Exotic Bali in a Day: Rice Terraces, Monkeys, Temples and MoreMy Profile

November 19, 2016 at 6:41 pm

I think the Apple Airpods come in very handy. They aren’t just for traveller but for those of us that work from home and need to have free hands to multitask.

3. anna
    November 19, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Those waterproof speakers are a big WANT!! Have you tried this one personally? What’s the feedback? Been looking for a portable one to take around with me.
    anna recently posted…Best Places to Stay in Siargao | Top Hotels & HostelsMy Profile

November 28, 2016 at 8:47 am

My son has the waterproof speaker and he loves it. He takes it to the beach all the times with him.

4. Vicki Louise
    November 20, 2016 at 1:48 am

I’d love all of these little gadgets! They’d certainly add a little luxury to my tech list!
    Vicki Louise recently posted…What to Expect on an Overland Safari in AfricaMy Profile

November 28, 2016 at 8:49 am

I’m all for simplifying my life when I travel. Especially, when I can find gadgets that can save me time and come in handy.

5. Viki
    November 20, 2016 at 2:25 pm

I’m completely with you on the speakers! I don’t own any, but I’m always thankful when someone brings a quality one on a trip 😉

November 28, 2016 at 8:51 am

I like listening to music when I’m traveling. The wireless speakers are a must, especially if your traveling to a tropical island and are spending time on the beach.

6. Castaway with Crystal
    November 20, 2016 at 11:25 pm

Yep I just invested in some waterproof speakers and I’m in LOVE! So useful and easy!
    Castaway with Crystal recently posted…The Best Cenotes Near TulumMy Profile

November 28, 2016 at 8:52 am

They come in very handy if you’re traveling on a beach vacation.

7. Sab
    November 21, 2016 at 1:15 am

Nice list! I need one of those Fitness Trackers, they seem very useful. Have you personally tried the Fitness Tracker and can recommend a brand?
    Sab recently posted…Review Sukhavati Bali – How 10 Days in an Ayurvedic Retreat Reset my Body, Mind, and SoulMy Profile

November 28, 2016 at 8:57 am

I’m not a big fan of the large watches. I prefer the Fitbit Charge HR or the Jawbone Up3 because they are small.

8. Brianna
    November 21, 2016 at 9:48 am

These are some intense pieces of tech. Not sure about the air pods though. I feel like it would be really hard not to lose one.
    Brianna recently posted…15 Holiday Gift Ideas for Travel Lovers (+FREE GIFT GIVEAWAY!)My Profile

November 28, 2016 at 8:59 am

The airpods come with a nice case so you can store them together, and not lose them.

9. Lala
    November 21, 2016 at 2:57 pm

I wish I owned some of these – particularly the portable speakers. They would come in so handy when travelling.

November 28, 2016 at 9:00 am

The speakers do come in handy when your traveling, especially if you like listening to music.

10. Sher
    November 21, 2016 at 4:18 pm

i love portable speakers! i mostly use them around the house though – too much to lug when traveling!

November 28, 2016 at 9:02 am

We normally carry with us a portable speaker. My kids love to listen to music most of the time.

11. Lara Dunning
    November 21, 2016 at 11:42 pm

A watch that gives you directions! Yes, please! I’d go for the waterproof speakers too.
    Lara Dunning recently posted…Raymond, WA — A Road Trip DiscoveryMy Profile

November 28, 2016 at 9:03 am

Everyone these days seems to be into counting steps. All my friends have a fitness tracker.

12. Evan Kristine
    November 23, 2016 at 11:24 am

I would looove to have that portable speakers, very handy and great when you’re going to the beach or something!

November 28, 2016 at 9:04 am

The wireless speaker is excellent for going to the beach. My kids take it with them when we travel and use it in their room to listen to music too.

13. Edd Sanchez
    November 26, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Portable Speakers are the best for when in hotel rooms and you just need to listen to some decent music 🙂

November 28, 2016 at 9:05 am

I agree! My kids love playing music in their hotel room when we travel.

14. Kaylene
    November 26, 2016 at 10:31 pm

I love traveling with a fitbit because you can keep track of how much (or how little) exercise you do haha. So sometimes it pushes you to get out there and do something active! Portable speakers are always a nice addition too!
    Kaylene recently posted…Guest post: A friendship discovered in a remote region of ChinaMy Profile

November 28, 2016 at 9:07 am

Most of my friends have a fitbit too. I agree it does keep you on track when it comes to exercise or the lack of. 🙂

15. Megan
    November 27, 2016 at 11:07 am

Love the headphones! I didn’t know they would stop paying once they came out your ear… very cool!

November 28, 2016 at 9:07 am

Yes, it’s a very cool feature that they stop playing when they aren’t being used.

16. Sonali Chauhan
    December 14, 2016 at 1:45 am

Right… I agree with this post. I’m also just making a new trip with upcoming weeks & think to carry Bluetooth speakers we can enjoy the music in our trip.

December 17, 2016 at 8:22 pm

We hardly go on a trip without taking bluetooth speakers with us.