Top Five Luxurious Hotel & Casino Resorts

Top Five Luxurious Hotel & Casino Resorts

HOTELS, LUXURY TRAVEL, RESORTS & SPAS

Whether you’re a keen gambler or not, there’s no doubt that some of the most extravagant and luxurious resorts in the world are intrinsically tied to their casino counterpart. For those looking to holiday in such a destination, there are several factors to consider. Do you care most for the quality of games on offer, or the sheer size and opulence of the resort? Are you attracted to the casinos with a rich history and lasting legacy, or are you more interested in the types of crowd that frequent its grounds? Below is a guide to five of the most glamorous casino resorts in the world – take your pick…

The Venetian, Macau

Anyone who knows anything about gambling knows of the iconic Venetian Casino Hotel in Macau. Venetian indeed, with its luxurious gold pillars, opulent ballroom halls and canals that run along the building’s exterior. Modelled after its sister resort in Las Vegas, this incredible casino hotel is the world’s seventh largest building by floor area, and the largest single-structure hotel in Asia. With 39 floors, 7 signature restaurants, orchestra and state of the art sport centre – The Venetian Macao is simply a luxury traveller’s dream come true.

The towering, dazzling structure of the resort serves as a representation of the hotel’s glitzy and unapologetically voluptuous character. Its four main casino areas are named ‘Golden Fish, ‘Imperial House’, ‘Red Dragon’ and ‘Phoenix’ – all of which have their own special theme. Which such comprehensive design, it’s no wonder this place is home to some of the most exclusive poker games in the world. It doesn’t matter what type of gambler you are, or what games you’re after – you’ll find it all on offer at the majestic Venetian Macao.

Venetian Macau (Photo: Booking.com)
Venetian Macau (Photo: Booking.com)

Marina Bay Sands, Singapore

As its name would indicate, the Marina Bay Sands Hotel & Casino overlooks a bay side – a particularly impressive one at that. The glittering water reflects the fantastic purples and gold of the building – an avant garde construction with three towers connected at the top by a large model of a ship. The inside is equally as futuristic, with thick spiralling rails of gold serving as casino decor.

The hotel’s countless other attractions include an ice rink, infinity pool, several theatres, restaurants and shops. The Marina Bay Sands is the world’s most expensive stand-alone casino property – and contributes dramatically to Singapore’s economy. There’s not a more prestigious place in Singapore to gamble, shop, sleep and eat!

Singapore Marina Bay Sands (Photo by Yoursingapore.com)
Singapore Marina Bay Sands (Photo: Yoursingapore.com)

Monte Carlo Casino, Monaco

The Mediterranean coastline of Monaco is famed for its stylish nightlife scene, yacht-lined harbour, prestigious restaurants, opera houses and boutiques. In other words, it’s the perfect home for an ostentatious and famed casino resort such as Hotel Hermitage, located at the centre of Monaco’s bustling casino square.

Few casinos can be said to have as fascinating and rich history as the Monte Carlo casino, just a short walk from the prestigious Hotel Hermitage. Whilst this hotel is a luxurious treat in itself, it is the casino that is the real crown jewel, with its grand 19th century exterior designed by a Parisian architect – and built for Monaco’s Royalty in 1863. It was Princess Caroline’s idea to introduce a glamorous source of extra revenue for the ruling family, and she went to great lengths in her ambition to make it succeed.

Princess Caroline’s vision was fulfilled when the magnificent neo-classically designed casino became an attraction for the wealthy and symbol of status all across Europe. With its charmingly old-fashioned character, beautiful fountains and rose bush garden – it also remains one of the most beautiful casinos in the world. Today, the casino is associated with the many classic movies in which it has appeared, including several Bond films and the 2004 ‘Ocean’s Twelve’.

Monte Carlo (Photo Courtesy of Quafrica.com)
Monte Carlo (Photo: Quafrica.com)

Foxwoods Resort & Casino, Connecticut

Originally, Foxwoods Resort & Casino started out as a mere bingo hall. Thirty years later, and the complex consists of a whole range of five star suites, several famed restaurants and endless number of casino games to choose between. Extravagant in appearance but refined in style, this spectacular casino resorts is a great place for first-time casino goers to get their first real gambling experience. The resort’s thrilling location places it amidst the isolating Connecticut forest, contributing to the casino’s exclusive aura.

The casino’s slick interior mixes vogue and innovative decor with traditional woody colours and a classic layout. The accommodation at Foxwoods is as famous as the casino, with magnificent forest views from the hotel towers, and excellent cocktail bars dotted throughout the complex.

Foxwoods Resort & Casino (Photo Courtesy: travelzoo.com)
Foxwoods Resort & Casino (Photo:  travelzoo.com)

The Palazzo Resort Casino, Las Vegas

Located along the Las Vegas strip, the Palazzo Resort & Casino is one of the largest buildings in the US, and the tallest building Nevada. With its hotel suites’ bathrooms bigger than most people’s bedrooms, it’s no surprise the casino complex is equally imposing in terms of sheer size. The building’s luxurious and tasteful Art Deco design puts one in mind of 1920s America – an era of hedonistic glamour.

The Palazzo Resort & Casino combines aesthetics with practicality. Its efficient economic and environmental policies have made it the largest building to have been awarded an LEED (Leaders in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver Certificate. The casino can also boast of having achieved an AAA Five Diamond Award every year since 2009.

The two-story waterfall, palm tree-lined entrance and imperial poker rooms make this casino a popular choice amongst celebrities. The casino is also famous for hosting regular tournaments and providing a filming location for many ‘Wheel of Fortune’ episodes.

Palazzo Resort and Casino (Photo: Hotelinstyle)
Palazzo Resort and Casino (Photo: Hotelinstyle)

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 11.10.51 AM

1. Suze - Luxury Columnist
    May 20, 2016 at 10:55 am

I may not be much of a gambler but there are two of my faves on your list, the Venetian in Macau and the Monte Carlo Casino – greetings from Cannes!
    Suze – Luxury Columnist recently posted…Experiencing the Unforgettable at EPIC SANA Algarve, PortgualMy Profile

May 22, 2016 at 5:15 pm

I agree the Monte Carlo Casino is one of my favorite too. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Cannes.

2. Anda
    May 21, 2016 at 4:21 am

I find the idea of making an identical copy of the Venetian Hotel in another location kind of strange. I think it depersonalizes it. These hotels in Las Vegas became kind of iconic and making copies of them in different parts of the world kind of takes away from the original, don’t you think so? Of all these hotels on your list I only saw the one in Monte Carlo and the Palazzo in Las Vegas. I find the Palazzo way more luxurious than Monte Carlo, most likely because it’s newer.

May 22, 2016 at 5:23 pm

I’ve been to the Venetian in Vegas, and I agree that should’t of copied its design. I like going to hotels that are unique.

3. Freestyle Explorer
    May 21, 2016 at 5:36 am

Extravagance!! The Venetian in Macau was unlike any other I’ve seen
    Freestyle Explorer recently posted…5 reasons to choose Val-d’Isère and Tignes [Espace Killy] for your next snow destinationMy Profile

May 23, 2016 at 1:16 pm

The Venetian is a gorgeous property. Some say its too large but I disagree.

4. Carly
    May 21, 2016 at 5:52 am

I got to experience a bit of the Monte Carlo casino while I was in Monaco, but I’ve always wanted to get to Singapore and go swimming at the top of the hotel!

May 23, 2016 at 1:23 pm

The Marina Bay Sands Hotel & Casino in Singapore infinity pool is on my bucket list as well. I can see myself hanging by the pool with a cocktail in hand.

5. Jackie Sills-Dellegrazie
    May 21, 2016 at 6:54 pm

I’m not a big casino fan, but that makes me the black sheep in my family. I’m from Connecticut and have many a family member visit and love Foxwoods. There’s certainly no denying the extravagance of these hotel casinos!
    Jackie Sills-Dellegrazie recently posted…5 Simple Tips for Booking a Flight the Right WayMy Profile

May 23, 2016 at 1:28 pm

I’m not a big gambler either but on occasion I do like a good game of black jack. It’s extra special when you play in one of these hotels.

6. anna
    May 22, 2016 at 1:31 am

I personally enjoy visiting small b&b blaces or botique hotels over hotel casinos but these places sure are nice!
    anna recently posted…A Guide to Planning Your Dream Trip to SpainMy Profile

May 23, 2016 at 1:30 pm

I’m also a big fan of small boutique hotels and sometimes stay away from big hotels. It’s fun to stay in some of these once in a while.

7. Mar
    May 22, 2016 at 6:52 am

The marina Bay sands is indeed quite impressive and did you know locals must pay entrance fee whereas foreigners don’t? Funny Singapore

May 23, 2016 at 1:33 pm

No, I was unaware that locals have to pay a fee to enter the Marina Bay Sands hotel. That’s terrible!

8. Danielle Des
    May 22, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Foxwoods is so close to me – I really have to get out there and see it for myself. I hear that Foxwoods has lots of concerts too which is really nice.

May 23, 2016 at 1:40 pm

They do offer lots of concerts at the Foxwoods Resort. It’s a good way to see a concert, and go out to dinner at one of the many restaurants in the property.

9. Jennifer Melroy
    May 22, 2016 at 11:32 pm

I tend to avoid casinos. They seem nice but most of them are located in cities do I don’t really want to spend time in them. I do want to walk down the Vegas strip once.
    Jennifer Melroy recently posted…4 Ways to Explore Music and More in NashvilleMy Profile

May 23, 2016 at 1:44 pm

I don’t mind casinos so much, it just the smokers in the casinos that drive me crazy. When you walk through some of them you end up smelling like cigarettes.

10. Darlene
    May 23, 2016 at 10:57 am

Oh wow! Impressive! Glad that I have already visited two of them. Hope to be able to see the others on the list especially Monaco! 🙂 I may not play in the casino but the architecture of the hotel is really amazing. 🙂

May 23, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Monaco is beautiful especially of the sea and the harbor. I really love the building for the Monaco Casino.

11. Laura
    May 23, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Some great places here! I visited Monaco last year and wondered around the casino, I don’t gamble however the decor inside was quite superb and enjoyed a lovely cake and coffee just outside.

Great post.

Laura xo

Laura recently posted…Best of Rome Tour with The Roman GuyMy Profile

May 23, 2016 at 2:03 pm

There is no casino more grand and more famous than the casino in Monaco. It is perhaps the most iconic building in Monaco.

12. Mags
    May 23, 2016 at 6:53 pm

I’m not much of a gambler (though I did recently win $20 on a cruise ship slot machine!), but these hotels are gorgeous enough to warrant a visit even without playing the tables.

May 24, 2016 at 12:40 pm

I enjoy playing blackjack on occasion, and have won some money in slot machines. It’s a fun escape for a few hours.