MAISON&OBJET AMERICAS -Lifestyle and Home Design Show Comes to Miami Beach

MAISON&OBJET AMERICAS -Lifestyle and Home Design Show Comes to Miami Beach

ARTS, LIFESTYLE, MIAMI

Maison&Objet, the premiere global showcase in design and home decor, will host its second edition in the Americas in Miami on May 10-13. The show is one of the most important events for designers across the globe and is a great travel destination for the everyday design enthusiast. Last May the fair came to Miami Beach, its first Americas edition, and has since doubled in size. It’s forecasted to have the same effect on Miami Beach as Art Basel 14 years ago.

Photo courtesy of Maison&Objet
Photo courtesy of Maison&Objet
Photos courtesy of Maison&Objet Americas
Photos courtesy of Maison&Objet

Surrounding the fair’s presence May 10-13th in Miami, the city buzzes with brand unveilings and special collaborations in its new and emerging design neighborhoods such as Miami’s Little River area and Ironside in addition to the famed Design District.

Photo courtesy of Maison&Objet
Photo courtesy of Maison&Objet

MAISON&OBJET AMERICAS will represent an eclectic selection of products related to decoration, design and interior design; from the furniture and lighting to the textile. It will bring together a selection of 300 brands representing the upscale spirit that was behind the success of their MAISON&OBJET Paris show.

DESIGNER OF THE YEAR

Designer of the Year is awarded to an industry professional from North or South America who has made a notable contribution to the interior design & lifestyle industry in the past year.   For this year 2016, architect and designer Rafael de Cárdenas is the Designer of the Year for the second edition of M&O Americas.

Designer of the Year 2016, Rafael de Cárdenas (Photo courtesy of Maison&Objet)
Designer of the Year 2016, Rafael de Cárdenas (Photos courtesy of Maison&Objet)

RISING TALENTS

MAISON&OBJET Americas has announced its picks for this year’s Rising Talents. The show will celebrate the creativity of this star continent by presenting the work of six emerging talents. The six up-and-coming designers representing North and South America were chosen by a committee based on their work as designers as well as their commitment to helping usher the design community into the future.

Gaston Isoldi, Rafael de Cardenas, Samuel Amoia, and Javier Gomez. Photography courtesy of Maison&Objet.
Gaston Isoldi, Rafael de Cardenas, Samuel Amoia, and Javier Gomez. (Photo Courtesy of Maison&Objet)

Rising Talents selected for 2016 are designers, modern designer Guilherme Wentz (Brazil), industrial designer and architect duo Ad Hoc (Mexico), artist and photographer Javier Gomez (Panama),architecture and design studio Great Things to People (Chile), Samuel Amoia (New York, USA), and ceramicist Ben Medansky (Los Angeles, USA).  Maison&Objet’s Summit promotes design and gives the Rising Talents a platform to expose their work to buyers and the international media.

Guillherme Wentz (Photos courtesy Maison&Objet)
Guillherme Wentz (Photos courtesy Maison&Objet)
Ad Hoc (Photo Courtesy of Maison&Objet)
Ad Hoc (Photos Courtesy of Maison&Objet)
Designer Javier Gomez (Photos courtesy Maison&Objet)
Designer Javier Gomez (Photos courtesy Maison&Objet)
Great Things to People (Photo courtesy of Maison&Objet)
Great Things to People (Photos courtesy of Maison&Objet)
Ben Medansky Ceramics (Photo courtesy of Ben Medansky)
Ben Medansky Ceramics (Photos courtesy of Ben Medansky)
Designer Sam Amoia (Photos courtesy of Maison&Objet/SamAmoia)
Designer Sam Amoia (Photos courtesy of Maison&Objet/SamAmoia)

INTERIOR DESIGN & LIFESTYLE SUMMIT

As the forecasting side of MAISON&OBJET AMERICAS, the Interior Design & Lifestyle Summit will bring together leading industry experts in design and decoration. Listeners will have the opportunity to decode the major trends on the market today and for tomorrow, as well as to discover projects from prestigious architects from the American continent.

Orlean the leading importers and curators of wall coverings and fabrics in Latin America. They are known for their natural/organic materials and textured fabrics, just opened their showroom in the Design District last month (the FIRST in the U.S.!) and has already received widespread attention. They will also be showing this year at MAISON&OBJET AMERICAS.

Orlean Showroom in Miami (Photo courtesy Orlean)
Orlean Showroom in Miami (Photo courtesy Orlean)
Orlean Fabrics (Photo courtesy of Orlean)
Orlean Fabrics (Photo courtesy of Orlean)

M&O AMERICAS Award Ceremony “The Designer of the Year and Rising Talents Awards” will be presented during the Award Ceremony. Last year, more than 500 attendees were present.

Ample opportunities to enjoy an abundance of events not only at the fair but also in the surrounding neighborhoods as the city so fully embraced the fair in true Miami style.

This is the second year that the 20-year-old fair will be held in the United States. The next fair in Paris will be held September 2-6, 2016.

Here are highlights from last years M&O AMERICAS Show:

1. Lauren Meshkin @BonVoyageLauren
    May 3, 2016 at 12:40 am

Oh I would get so much inspiration at an event like this! I wish I was in Miami next week. Thanks for sharing!
    Lauren Meshkin @BonVoyageLauren recently posted…3 Reasons To Explore The English Countryside! [Video below]My Profile

May 3, 2016 at 12:57 pm

I’m so excited to see what artistic creations they come up with in regards to furniture design that I haven’t seen before.

2. Jojo
    May 3, 2016 at 7:39 am

I really enjoy seeing how people decorate their homes. There are always things I want for my future home and get inspired from a lot of cool designs.

May 3, 2016 at 10:14 am

I’m actually decorating my living room now. Just finished remodeling it and am in search of new furniture. This show is a wonderful place to get ideas for my new room. I can’t wait to see the furniture.

3. Perrisha
    May 3, 2016 at 10:41 am

I’m interested in interior design to the point that I want to be certified after I finish this degree! & maybe touch on floral design. These things keep me motivated 🙂

May 3, 2016 at 12:37 pm

I love decorating and getting ideas from shows like this. Interior design is a great field to be in right now, it has lots of potential.

4. Patricia
    May 3, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Not your typical IKEA store.

May 3, 2016 at 12:41 pm

I’m sure you won’t find any of these furniture pieces at any IKEA store. Don’t get me wrong, I love IKEA and have a few of their pieces. I just hate having to put their items together when they come unassembled.

5. Holly
    May 3, 2016 at 1:38 pm

I’ve never thought about traveling for the purpose of visiting trade shows and conferences like this! Great idea, Carmen.

May 3, 2016 at 6:38 pm

People come from all around the world once a year to go to Art Basel here. Maison&Objet they are saying will be as huge as Art Basel, this is the second year of the show and its doubled in size. If you’re into Interior Design, this is the show for you.

6. Heather Cole
    May 3, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Wow, I need to redesign my house, makes me realise my poor attempts at interior design fall far short of perfect. Might just need to buy a new house to go with it all first though!

May 3, 2016 at 6:39 pm

I like your thinking. We are in the process of redesigning some of our rooms with the help of an interior designer. The transformation is amazing so far.

7. debbie-jean lemonte
    May 3, 2016 at 4:29 pm

The interior design images are my absolute favorites! how the pattern of the chairs compliment the tiles is perfect

May 3, 2016 at 6:41 pm

I’m in love with some of the wall paper designs too. I was never into wall paper before, but now that I’ve seen some of these patterns I’m loving it.

8. Lara Dunning
    May 3, 2016 at 8:02 pm

I’m hopeless when it comes to decorating, but I do enjoy seeing how others make an impression with their artistic expressions and everyday living creations.

May 5, 2016 at 8:02 am

I love decorating but it is a work of art trying to put it all together to make it look like it all ties in.

9. Ivana
    May 4, 2016 at 12:37 am

Wow, that book shelf by Rafael de Cárdenas is just stunning. I love the tree shape. Interior design has always been a passion of mine. Great inspiration in this post!

May 5, 2016 at 8:07 am

I love Rafael’s geometric designs in his furniture pieces. The bookshelf is one of my favorite too.

10. Colby
    May 4, 2016 at 3:42 am

I love getting inspiration for interior design, but when it comes to executing…complete fail lol.

May 5, 2016 at 8:10 am

I’m hooked on the HGTV channel, and love watching their home transformations. Its inspires me to work on my house.

11. brianmayroam
    May 4, 2016 at 9:57 am

Nice. I miss Miami!
    brianmayroam recently posted…5 Cultural Gems Along the Q Train in BrooklynMy Profile

May 5, 2016 at 8:15 am

Miami is such a lively city and growing in popularity each day. I only live 30 minutes away, and enjoy having dinner on South Beach on occasion.

12. Christina
    May 4, 2016 at 10:03 am

In the middle of redesigning my living room. Wish I was in Miami for the show as there is so much talent and resource under one roof!

May 5, 2016 at 8:48 am

I’m in the same boat. I got rid of all my old furniture and now I’m in search for a new sofa to match my rug. I’m looking forward to seeing what they have at the show.

13. Brianna
    May 4, 2016 at 11:16 am

Interesting view of traveling. Any suggestions on where to stay in Miami Beach?
    Brianna recently posted…Lake Nicaragua: Monkey IslandMy Profile

May 5, 2016 at 8:51 am

Miami Beach has a lot of great hotels, and some of my favorite boutique hotels. Most of the hotels are probably sold out by now, but you can check Kimpton Hotels, they have a few boutique hotels on Miami Beach. https://www.kimptonhotels.com/boutique-hotels-in-miami

14. Arzo Travels
    May 4, 2016 at 11:41 am

I always appreciate a nice, modern and still cozy interior but I must admit that I am not a huge fan of designing or decorating 🙂 This fair would def. be fun for my sister though 🙂

May 7, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Even if designing or decorating is not your cup of tea, the fair is fun for just about anybody! Definitely tell your sister all about it!

15. Cassie @ Cass Travels
    May 4, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Oh wow, this makes me want to overhaul my flat this second! Must have been a fabulous day.

May 7, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Definitely! The fair is full of beautiful pieces and can make just about anybody want to redecorate some rooms in their house!