The Eiffel Tower Restaurant

The Eiffel Tower Restaurant

EUROPE, FOOD + WINE, FRANCE

Le Jules Verne, (Eiffel Tower) . The Restaurant on the Second Floor of the Eiffel Tower.

We have been to Paris many times before and have never able to get reservations.  I booked dinner a whole six months in advance knowing that we wanted a truly special dining experience while in Paris.  Le Jules Verne restaurant at the iconic Eiffel Tower is a culinary delight to experience.   We got a chance to see it for ourselves.

As a guest upon arriving at the foot of the Eiffel Tower, you will be whisked away via private elevator 125 meters skyward to a dream-like destination high in the heart of the Eiffel Tower. There, you’ll enjoy the magical views of the most beautiful city in the world as a backdrop to the sophisticated haute cuisine from a kitchen created under the watchful eye of famed restaurateur Alain Ducasse.  There is absolutely no waiting at any point, and you escape the bustling crowds of the streets below into the most luxurious of restaurants.

Arnold+smokes+cigar+after+lunch+k6GOvEcMIHRl

IMG_8277

We were seated on the side of the restaurant that had a fabulous view of the River Seine. When you are sitting in the restaurant, you are struck by the massive metal structure and the mechanical operations around you. The elevator is operated by a 30-foot steel wheel spinning right next to the restaurant.

IMG_8280

IMG_8261

IMG_8259
The cuisine was Modern French and guests can opt for lunch or dinner as well as a choice of an a-la-carte menu. We opted for dinner reservations and decided to make a soiree of it.   The food was delicious and each plate was beautifully presented as a work of art.

IMG_8276

IMG_8271

IMG_9297
While the view was magnificent from our table, we were a little jealous of those tables located adjacent to the window. They had a direct view of the entire city. I’ve been told that those particular tables require a reservation made more than a year in advance.  Note:  How does anyone plan a dinner reservation from over a year in advance?

694046

LeJulesVerne_AWXFC2_(H1)-1caaa42a-1aa5-4233-83b2-89a236fa9e5f-0-605x412

The food was great but what you are really paying for (and you certainly pay a lot for it) is the view and elegant dining.   The entire dinner experience took three hours.  We got to see the Eiffel Tower’s light show twice.  We took our teenage kids with us.  It’s a very romantic place, more for adults and those who can truly experience the ambience.

The staff was superb and made the entire experience excellent.  It’s a once in a lifetime dining experience. Suffice it to say, it wasn’t easy to bid au revoir to the Eiffel Tower and the unique view. This epicurean adventure will remain etched in our memory for many years to come.

Dress code is smart casual, however most men wore a jacket and tie.  Women wore dresses.  Sportswear (such as t-shirts, shorts, trainers etc…) are not accepted.
Have you ever dined at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant?

1. Adelina | PackMeTo
    June 9, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Very cool! I would love to dine in the tower with that fab views. I’d probably be one of those crazy ones and make a reservation a year in advance and plan the rest of my vacation around the meal.

• Carmen
      June 10, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Adelina, I guess it’s not that crazy if you want to get a good sit. It’s probably the most expensive meal we ever had in our life but it was worth it.

2. SJ @ Chasing the Donkey
    June 10, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Ohhhhh I am so jealous! We missed this on our trip to Paris. Its looks so great, I just have to go back at some point!!! Thanks for linking up with #SundayTraveler

• Carmen
      June 11, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Hi SJ, It’s a wonderful dining experience. Just make sure you go online and make reservations way in advance 😉 Thanks for stopping by.

3. Jessica @ Independent Travel Cats
    June 11, 2014 at 5:52 am

I think you are right, this is probably best for couples wanting a romantic dinner and those who don’t mind planning way in advance. Yes, I ate in one of the Eiffel Tower restaurants when I was 16, on my first trip to Paris. There was a larger group of us (over 12 people) and we were probably at 58 Tour Eiffel not Le Jules Verne, and it was really a nice experience. Although when I was 16, everything was new and exciting:)

• Carmen
      June 11, 2014 at 2:23 pm

H Jessica, That’s wonderful that you went to 58 Tour Eiffel when you were young. I’m sure it was a fantastic experience for you. My kids enjoyed it but complained about how long the meal was. I’ll have to check out 58 Tour Eiffel next time I’m in Paris.

4. frankaboutcroatia
    June 11, 2014 at 12:04 pm

That must be an awesome experience. I would love to experience it for myself. Curious to find out what the price is. And it definitely seems impossible to plan a dinner one year in advance.

• Carmen
      June 11, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Hi Frank, Lunch runs around 80 Euros per person and dinner up to $200 Euros per person. It was one of the most expensive meals we ever had.

5. Mary {The World IS A Book}
    June 13, 2014 at 8:11 pm

We’ve been to Paris a few times and I have yet to go up the Eiffel tower. I’ve always been curious about this restaurant and I know it’s expensive.Thanks for the virtual tour and maybe we can finally go up next time. I’ll save it for a romantic dinner since there’s no way I can imagine spending that much money for my 2 picky eaters. What a great view!

6. Carmen
    June 14, 2014 at 7:18 am

Hi Mary, If you do get a chance to go, you also have the choice of 58 Tower which is located on the first level and not as expensive. I completely understand about having picky eaters. We have three. 🙂

7. Michele {Malaysian Meanders}
    July 19, 2014 at 10:19 pm

I thought about dining here when we visited the Eiffel Tower but didn’t have a chance. I didn’t realize that bookings for the prime window seats were made so far in advance. When I finally decide to eat there, I suppose I’ll have to make my dinner reservations first and then book the flight and hotel around it.

• Carmen
      July 20, 2014 at 2:04 am

Hi Michele, It’s a once in a lifetime dining experience well worth the wait. Once you have an idea when you plan on going to Paris start looking at reservations.

8. Nelia
    March 5, 2015 at 5:05 pm

I secrhaed a bunch of sites and this was the best.

• Carmen